- Input Voltage of +12 to 40 VDC
- Phase Current Ranges from 0.2 to 3.0 Amps Peak
- Full step, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128, 1/256
- RS485 Communication with Optional Converter Cards Available
- 2 User Configurable Digital I/Oâ€™s
- 2 Dedicated Inputs: 1 Optical Sensor for Homing, 1 Switch Closure to Ground
- Fully Programmable Ramps and Speeds
- Software Selectable Hold and Move Currents
- Stand Alone Operation with No Connection to PC
- Stores up to 16 Different Programs at Once with 4 kBytes of Mem
Each R356 comes with the following cables (Lin part number 090-00018, 090-00096, and 090-00153):
4-pin cable | DB-15 cable with white 3-pin connector | 6-pin cable
• The R356 is a fully intelligent controller and driver in one. Commands can be issued from any serial terminal program, such as HyperTerminal, or from Lin Engineering’s Graphical User Interface, LinControl. (have LinControl link to the download section)
• Commands are simple and intuitive. This communication is compatible with devices that use the Cavro DT or OEM protocol.
• The R356 controller is also capable of stand alone operating with no PC. It can execute a pre-programmed string of commands upon Power up. Commands include nested loops, wait statements, halt commands, software selectable currents, speeds, acceleration, microstepping, and more.
The Designer’s Kit (sold separately) enables first time users to become well acquainted with the options of R356 Controller/ Driver.
RS485 Designer’s Kit (Lin part number: RS232KIT) Includes:
• RS485 to RS232 Converter Card
• An Optical Sensor
• Red Switch Push Button
• 3-Pin Cable
* Inputs are labeled 1, 2, 3 and 4 for programming the ‘Halt’, ‘Skip’, and
special mode ‘n’ commands.
|PIN NUMBER||COLOR||FUNCTION||I/O ALTERNATIVE FUNCTION|
|2||Black||1A On/ Off Output|
|3||Yellow Green||Direction Input|
|4||Yellow||+5 VCD Input for Opto Isolated STEP and DIR|
|6||Yellow/ White||Internal Power for Opto Sensor|
|7||Orange/ White||Input (Opto Input)||3/Opto Input|
|8||Black/ White||RS485 A|
|9||Red||+12V TO 40V POWER|
|10||Blue||1A ON/ OFF Output|
|11||Blue/ White||Step Input|
|12||Green/ White||Signal Ground|
|14||Red/ White||Input||4/Opto Input|
A mating connector for the motor is also provided.
DB-15 connector is provided with the controller/driver
This should ideally be used with a US digital E2, E3, or E5 encoder.
Get the motor you need
Just fill out a Request for a Quote form, and tell us about your application and your needs. One of our applications specialists will review your request, and provide you with a quote promptly.