- Bipolar Step Motor Driver
- Operates from +12 to 24 VDC
- Phase current ranges from 0.35 to 2.0 Amps Peak
- Selectable Step Resolution from Full, Half, 1/4, and 1/8 microsteps
- Optically isolated
- Step, Direction, and Disable/Enable Inputs
- Selectable Current Reduction of 33%
- Low Power Dissipation
- Efficient Current Control
- Thermal Shutdown, Under-voltage Protection
- Power-on Indicator
- Power Disable/Enable Control
- Sinusoidal current waveform Low Cost Driver
10 Available in 2 Business Days
2 Business Days
As a simple 2 Amp driver, the R208 outperforms all of its competitors in its class in maximizing the torque output of a step motor. In the test below you can see that it even outperforms the IMS IM483, a driver that costs over twice as much. Using a standard 1.8° step motor at 8x microstepping, you can see how the R208 outperforms the competition on the torque/speed curve below. The R208 gets over 10% more torque out of the motor at the various speeds compared to the lowest performer.
The R208 directly competes with the IMS IB462. They are both 2 Amp peak drivers. Both feature full and half step, while the R208 is also capable of 4x and 8x microstepping. Using a standard 1.8° Step motor, 24 VDC, 2 Amps/phase, half-stepping, and 20 revolutions per second, you can see that the R208 runs much cooler than the IB462. After running both for 120 minutes the R208 is at 129° F (53.8° C), while the IB462 is at 138° F (58.8° C). If overall system temperature is important in your application, the R208 has a clear advantage running 9° F (5° C) cooler.
|PIN NUMBER||COLOR (#26 AWG Lead)||FUNCTION|
|1||Red||+12 to 24 VDC|
A DB-9 male connector provides power and control connections. Mating connector provided.
- INPUT VOLTAGE:+12 to 24 VDC (Including Unregulated Power Supplies)
- DRIVE CURRENT(PER PHASE): 0.25 to 1.4 Amps RMS, 2 Amps Peak
- ISOLATED INPUTS: Step Clock, Direction, Enable & Disable
- STEP FREQUENCY (MAX): 500 kHz
- STEPS PER REVOLUTION (1.8º MOTOR): 200, 400, 8000, 16000
Get the motor you need
Just fill out a Request for a Quote form, and tell us about your application and your needs. One of our applications specialists will review your request, and provide you with a quote promptly.