Lin Engineering RMA Policy
1) All returns must have an RMA number issued to customer from Lin Engineering, prior to any product being returned. Our customer service team will issue an RMA number via e-mail. A Detailed description of the failure for each part returned must be included with the return shipment. Lin Engineering has the right to refuse any shipment at the customer’s expense if the RMA number is not clearly referenced on the box or packing slip.
2) Purchase order is required for all non-warranty repairs. Purchase order is also required for FA of non-warranty products (See “Failure Analysis (FA) Fee”).
3) Freight charges for returning the RMA to Lin Engineering will be at the customer’s expense. The freight charges may be credited after the failure analysis is complete and when the issue is found to be caused by Lin Engineering.
Returned products must be shipped in protected containers and properly packaged to prevent any physical damage. Any transportation damage will be the responsibility of the sender. Products returned for repair must be in the same mechanical configuration as when shipped from the factory. They must be free of any customer installed hardware.
FAILURE ANALYSIS (FA) FEE:
If the FA conducted by Lin Engineering determines the customer is at fault for the non-functional unit, the customer will incur a $249 charge. If the customer would like the unit to be shipped back as-is without repair, Lin Engineering will do so and the FA charges will apply. Freight will be at the customer’s expense. Lin Engineering will notify the customer of the results of the FA. If no response is received within 5 business days the item will automatically be scrapped, and FA charges will be invoiced to the customer. Repairs under warranty will be credited, repaired, or replaced.
**Note – If the Quantity of the RMA exceeds 10 motors, the FA fee might be changed per the inspection cost incurred by Lin Engineering.
STATUS OF RMA:
Should you require an update on the status of your returned product, please contact RMA Coordinator via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408-919-0200.
- Shipping– Customer shall prepay shipping charges for products returned to Lin Engineering for warranty service and Lin Engineering shall pay for return of products to customer (by Ground Transportation). However, customer shall pay all shipping charges, duties and taxes for products returned by Lin Engineering to international country.
- N.P.F (No Problem Found):If any product returned is determined NPF by Lin Engineering, the customer may be assessed the returned freight and service charge on the product. Units will be charged as identified under “Failure Analysis (FA) Fee”.
- Non-Warranty Repairs: Non-warranty repairs are warranted for 30 days except cases where repeat of original failure is caused by customer error.
- Returns (without failure): 30% to 50% restocking fee will apply for STANDARD products returned for any other reason then failure. Customer must contact Lin Engineering customer service to obtain a RMA number prior to returning the product. Product retuned must be in original condition (free of any modifications done by customer). Non-standard products will not be accepted for any credit.
An FA charge will be incurred (as stated in Failure Analysis (FA) Fee) if NPF and no repair is needed. NPF situations can be nonproductive. Lin Engineering encourages customers to trouble shoot machine malfunctions with their technician or with Lin Engineering Technical Support before filing an RMA to return the product. Our experience has found that many times this will restore machine–down situations faster than waiting for a no-trouble-found (NPF) product to cycle through FA/repairs.
Please note that automatic debits will not be accepted or honored for any reason. If you have a price discrepancy, RMA, or receipt quantity issue please contact your sales account manager. Once the issue has been resolved, the Lin Engineering accounting department will issue a credit memo(s) which will be sent to you. You may debit Lin Engineering for the credit memo amount once it has been received.
(2 years limited warranty on stepper motors all motors, 1 year on driver/controller/integrated products, unless contractually agreed otherwise. 1 year on web order motors ordered from the Lin Engineering website.)
Lin Engineering, Incorporated (the “Company”) warrants to the first end user Buyer that the Products and Parts thereof, when shipped, will be free from defects in materials comprising the same and in the Company’s workmanship. If any such defects exist or later appear, the Company shall undertake, at its sole expense, prompt remedial action as state herein to correct the same; provided however, that the Company shall have no obligation or liability under this Warranty unless it shall have received written notice specifying such defect no later than two (2) years from the date of shipment. Remedial action under this Warranty shall require only that the Company, at its option, repair or modify the Products or Parts thereof, replace the same F.O.B., Morgan Hill CA, or accept the return of the Products or Parts thereof by Buyer and refund the purchase price.
Products, or Parts thereof, manufactured by others are warranted hereunder only to the extent of such manufacturer’s warranty to the Company.
Since after shipment, the Products and Parts thereof are under the sole control of the Buyer, this Warranty is subject to, and shall be applicable only if, the following conditions are met:
- The Company’s instructions as to installation, operation and maintenance have been followed;
- The Products and Parts thereof have been issued under normal operating conditions or under such conditions as hereinbefore specified by the Company, or specified by the Buyer and agreed to in writing by the Company;
- The Products and Parts thereof have been properly erected, installed, operated and maintained and have not been affected by misuse or neglect;
- The Buyer has not attempted or performed corrective work or change on the Products and/or Parts thereof without the Company’s prior written consent as to the nature and expense thereof;
- The Company shall have received notice of any defect no later than thirty (30) days after the Buyer first had knowledge of the same; and
- Within the Warranty period and after prior authorization from the Company, the Products and/or Parts are shipped freight prepaid to the Company 16245 Vineyard Blvd, Morgan Hill, CA 95037, in accordance with the Company’s RMA process.
THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS IN SUBSTITUTION FOR, AND IN LIEU OF, ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE COMPANY SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER IN ANY EVENT FOR PAYMENT OF ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR INJURY TO ANY PERSON OR PROPERTY. BY ACCEPTING THE PRODUCTS AND/OR PARTS THEREOF, THE FIRST END USER BUYER OR SUBSEQUENT USER AGREES THAT THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDEMNIFICATION OR CONTRIBUTION (IN WHOLE OR IN PART) EITHER EXPRESSLY OR BY IMPLICATION. IF FOR ANY REASON ANY OF THE FOREGOING PROVISIONS SHALL BE INEFFECTIVE, THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ITS MANUFACTURE OR SALE OF ITS PRODUCTS OR PARTS, OR USE THEREOF, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY IS BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT IN ANY EVENT EXCEED THE FULL PURCHASE PRICE OF SUCH PRODUCTS AND PARTS THEREOF.
Any action against the Company based upon any liability or obligation arising here-under or under any law applicable to the sale or its Products or Parts thereof, or the use thereof, must be commenced within two (2) years after the cause of such action arises.
This policy is subject to change without prior notice.